Climate change can be a very emotive topic. Please remember that the purpose of the unit is for us to learn some of the science behind the topic so that we can make informed decisions.
When you press PUBLISH, what you have written is instantly visible all around the world. Make sure you think carefully about what you write in blogs and in comments and always follow these rules.
- Do not use your last name.
- Don’t be specific when writing about yourself. eg. Say: “I play netball with a local team” rather than “I play for the Koo Wee Rup Koalas”.
- Never give anyone your address, email address or phone number. You can keep in touch through the blog.
- Do not post photos of others without their permission.
- Don’t say anything that might be offensive to someone else.
- Be considerate of others. When commenting, show others that you have read what they have written rather than just saying “great job”.
- Be open to other people’s opinions, but be prepared to discuss your own position if you don’t agree.
- You know about good grammar, spelling and punctuation. Apply it!
- Save abbreviations and shortcuts for MSN and texting.
- You are broadcasting yourself to the world. Present yourself in the best possible light.
Thank you to the “Our Space” class blog for these guidelines.